Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Fear of the night Day 5

"The difference between what we desire and the total transformation in God that is offered to us is enormous. 'Whoever of you does not renounce all that he has cannot be my disciple.' "

I want to be His disciple, but I'm frightened of renouncing everything; I'm comfortable here. But Jesus wants us to let go of all that separates us from the Father. Otherwise, we'll not see the Spirit, because our possessions are in the way of His transforming power.

Let Go Of What You Have.

I know it's foolish to think I can achieve union with You without first emptying my life of my trivial passions and possessions. You have offered me total transformation.

Descend on my soul like a river of peace to take away my uncertainties, my fear of the dark.

No comments: