Monday, January 26, 2015

God: Wonder Struck

The challenge for day 17 is to be in the presence of God. To write down names for, characteristics of, attributes of, and promises of God. Then spend time thanking and adoring Him.

He is El Shaddai, God Almighty. The God who listens. Lord Most High.

Lord, you are worthy, mighty, holy, just, merciful, loving, omniscient, omnipresent, marvelous, awesome, good, light.

You are the bread of life, the door, the only way to the Father, a strong tower, The way, the truth, and the life, the creator, the Savior, the comforter, the shepherd, the judge, vindicator, stronghold, my strength, my rock, my fortress, my deliverer, my shield, my saving horn, perfect, trustworthy, right, clear, pure, true, host, compassionate, faithful, my salvation, my life's refuge.

As for promises, there are so many! I only wrote down some that were true for me; and I'll only post some of those. What an amazing God!

The Lord Himself will fight for you; you have only to keep still. Ex 14:14

For the sake of your name, Lord, pardon my guilt, though it is great. Ps  25:11

Blessed be God, who did not refuse me the kindness I sought in prayer. Ps  66:20

I, the Lord, am your God ... open wide your mouth that I may fill it. Ps 81:11

Show us, Lord, your love; grant us your salvation. Ps  85:8

The entirety of Psalm 103

Gives the childless wife a home, the joyful mother of children. Hallelujah! Ps  113:9

Sirach 2:1-6

How great the mercy of the Lord, his forgiveness of those who return to him! Sirach 17:24

Let your life be free from love of money but be content with what you have, for he has said, "I will never forsake you or abandon you." Heb 13:5

Oh, the wonder of the presence of God!!

No comments: