Sunday, January 4, 2015

Letter: Wonder Struck

This next challenge was fun for this wordsmith girl! I had to write a letter of love and gratitude to God. I only had twenty minutes. Had to set that timer again, because I could write for hours!

Dearest Heavenly Father,

Oh, how I love you! You have done such wondrous things for me. Jesus. The most amazing gift. And He keeps on giving in Reconciliation and the most Holy Eucharist. Oh, my Beautiful Lord!

Then there's Bill. I'd given up on finding a soul-mate and was just wandering through life and men, making bad choices: really bad choices. But even then you had my best interests at heart. I'd turned my back on you and you gave me the right man who would want me, who would take our vows seriously, who would help me turn back to you. And he continues to be my greatest blessing next to our Lord.

And my children, Lord. They've taught me so much. They've drawn me closer to you through their struggles and triumphs. I am so grateful for each and every one of them.

Our parents, who help us so much in every way they can. They're not close geographically, but they're close to us otherwise. Oh my Lord, I thank you for them!

I also thank you for where we live. This big rambling farmhouse in this little bitty village in the United States. Such a good place to call home! Thank you for leading us here!

Thank you for our financial situation. I complain about it so much, but it forces us to rely on you. And we're committed to scaling back even more to make changes this year. Please bless that effort, my Lord. We'd like to give more. But I want your will to be done not my own.

Thank you for this beautiful world you've created. I love being out in it! Please give me the determination to be out in it more and enjoy your natural blessings.

Oh my Lord I could go on and on. You have blessed me beyond measure. I thank you and I love you,

Your child,

Lisa

The rest of the day went smoothly and well because I started it out this way. That's the wonder of a gratitude letter to Father God.

No comments: