Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Stillness: Wonder Struck

The challenge Ms. Feinberg has for day 10 is go prepare a favorite beverage and talk to God for 20 minutes. I fixed a mocha coffee with a dollop of whipped cream, set a timer so I would not watch the clock, and settled in to my dining room chair.

This challenge, again, was difficult for me. I'd be speaking with my Lord and suddenly realize I was thinking of my to-do list. So I would apologize, give Him my to-do list and get back on track. We covered many topics. I even gave Him time to speak!

The upshot is I feel hopeful about the new year and the challenges we face. God will see us through somehow. Our financial situation, our children, our health... Everything I worry over will be addressed by far more capable hands than mine. That's the wonder of stillness.

No comments: