Sunday, January 11, 2009

The Periodic Bookbag

What I'm currently reading:

Acedia & Me; Kathleen Norris
Professionalizing Motherhood; Jill Savage
Kidnapped; Robert Louis Stevenson
How Your Child Learns and Succeeds; Cynthia Ulrich Tobias

I've put everything else on hold to read Norris: she describes something I feel beyond the seasonal depression I struggle against. A fascinating book about the inability to care.

Tobias is actually two of her works (The Way They Learn and Every Child Can Succeed) in one volume. As a homeschooling mom I'm looking forward to going back to this book.

This is where I am in my current personal reading. Mostly non-fiction; kind of in the self-help genre. Hhhmmmm. Why am I still so confused? Ah, there's no Bible Study in there. I'll have to find time to add that to still my soul.

2 comments:

Lisa Marz said...

How do you like professionalizing Motherhood? I almost bought it, but haven't as yet.

Lisa said...

I really like it. It's taking me forever to get through it because I'm also doing the study guide in the back of the book. It helps me remember that I'm building something important: a godly family.